Why isn’t my website showing up higher in Google’s rankings?
So your website has been up and running for a couple of months, but you’re still finding that it has a rather low ranking within Google and the other search engines. If this is the case, the chances are that you need to employ more search engine optimization (SEO) tactics on your site. A web designer can help you with this, but there are some basic ways you can improve this. These are:
- Title tags that tell the search engines what each webpage is about
- Meta descriptions, which go on to further explain what any one webpage is about
- Dynamic content that is relevant to the user and that includes keywords and keyword phrases
- Internal page links so that one of your webpages links to another
- ALT images tags, since search engines can’t read images, this tells them what the image is and how relevant it is to your site
High-quality SEO can take some time to perfect, and there’s a lot to know about it. A web designer will be able to tell you everything you need to know and will even do it for you. And if you’re going it alone, take some time to really research SEO so you can incorporate it into your site.